Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Elated Insomniac

Great news! My wife will be moving to live with me in July. When she made the final decision on Sunday, I told her I was so excited that my head might explode. She thought I was being sarcastic, but I was serious. This is a VERY big deal for me (and for her too, I think).

So, that's the elated part.

As of Tuesday of last week my responsibilities at work have changed. I've been put into more of a leadership role, helping oversee and guide people who do the work I was doing up until last Monday. Honestly, I'm a bit overwhelmed by the change - I've gotten much busier in the past week. At first I thought I wouldn't really enjoy the new responsibilities and would want to return to my previous job, but though I've been insanely busy the past several days, I'm finding I really enjoy it. I feel I have more control over the quality of our product, and am faced with more interesting challenges. I think the new responsibilities will help me grow as an individual (sorry about getting cheesy on you). Maybe it was perfect timing for a change - I had been doing the same job for ~1.5 years and was feeling a bit bored and stale.

So, with the change in responsibilities, I've inherited a very hot potato. And apparently "I've only been on this project for two days" isn't a good enough excuse for not making progress and not understanding the history of the project. It's only Tuesday and I've probably worked 30+ hours already this week. Yeah, I'm a party animal.

Oh, the insomnia part? I guess it's the excitement and anxiousness that comes along with a job change (nervous isn't the right word), but I haven't been able to sleep since Friday night.

So there you go, I'm an elated insomniac.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice fill someone in on and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you for your information.