Monday, May 19, 2008

Thin Air

"Thin Air" - it's the title of one of my favorite Don Ross tunes (the favorite?). I got the sheet music for my birthday last year, and one of my guitars has been in this tuning for probably half a year or so while I've struggled with learning this song (probably doesn't help that I play for maybe a total of one hour during an average week).

Anyway, the difficult part of learning a Don Ross, Andy McKee, or Antoine Dufour tune is getting "in the groove". As you may have noticed, there's a very percussive/rhythmic feel to most of the music these guys make. Getting both hands (especially your right thumb) to cooperate can be difficult. Tonight I felt like I was maybe finally really starting to get "in the groove" for "Thin Air". Am I ready to post my rendition on Youtube? No not yet. For now, here's Don playing it: "Thin Air".

1 comment:

TFATDHQ said...

Cool blog dude

Its a very hard style

MS

www.mattstevensguitar.com